Just want to say a big thankyou to everyone over the past 3 months who helped me get this far:
- Friends and family at home, who kept sending me supportive messages.
- Jo and Alex in France, who gave me a pick-up a week into the trip – I needed it!
- Giuliano and family in Italy, who kindly showed me around Ascoli and gave me a meal and place to stay for a night.
- Sven in Greece, who was a great travel partner for the week we travelled together.
- Bike shop owner in Alexandroupoli, who was so kind and generous to passing travelers.
- Rahman, Fatih and family in Kesan, who gave me a place to stay and fed me a wonderful iftar.
- Ahmet and family in Tekirdag, who also gave me a place to stay and a wonderful meal.
- The family north of Selimpasa, who let me put my tent in their garden, and fed me a meal.
- All the cyclists I’ve met en-route, who offered advice and encouragement.
- Finally, everyone in Istanbul, who have kept my spirit going for six weeks of bureaucratic-induced limbo and tedium.
I wouldn’t have got this far without you all, and I really appreciate all the support from everyone.